Monday 17 November 2008

Busy! Busy!

Not a lot of sewing going on over the last few days as it was DH's birthday on Sunday! The place been like Piccadilly Circus with all the comings and goings all over the weekend, and added to the days of preparation before hand, I am ready for a long lie down in a dark room!!! Actually, it has been good fun with good company and lots of laughs !!

All I have to show at the moment is a new book
which contains what is possibly my next project - what do you think !!

This will be another first for me as I have never really been a fan of paper piecing, but I would love to try the New York Beauty block and this pattern is certainly in my comfort zone !! Can I do it I ask myself or will this turn into another step too far !!!!

9 comments:

Annelies said...

I have never made a NYB-quilt myself, but I love the block very much !

Dresden Plate said...

Beautiful block...but complicated?

black bear cabin said...

ooooh...that book looks fabulous! ive been thinking about trying the NY Beauties too :) i hate to do a lot of paper piecing, so it would have to be small...perhaps a wall hanging :)
or maybe if i just make one every now and again, it wont seem like such a chore.
cant wait to see your progress!
good luck with it :)

Wil said...

Of course you can do it! Have fun with the NYB blocks.

Kristie said...

First off, Happy Birthday to your hubby! Love your new books! Can't wait to see you get started!
Kristie

sewkalico said...

I have made quite a few and they are great! Start with some easy ones and you'll be fine!!

Gina said...

Best of luck. I've made a few blocks but they are not my favourite.

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Linda Mullen said...

I have that book as I took a class on this at my recent quilting retreat. I must continue the quilt LOL.

Suzanne said...

I've done that block....lost of time and concetration, but worth it in the end. I know you can do it!