Saturday 4 September 2010

Work No Longer In Progress

Well, it's actually happened!!  My new sewing room is ready to move into at last!  It's been a long slow process that started way back when and has had every kind of obstruction thrown at it for what feels like forever.  I won't bore you with the list of problems we've gone through in the last year or so, as you'll already know if you follow the Blog :-)

This week has been spent ferrying boxes , gadgets and machines etc etc etc from one end of the house to another.  Up and down 2 sets of stairs, which has been a bit awkward as the old knee is still having treatment. However, its amazing what you can accomplish using a single elbow crutch  needed after being condemned to 3 days non weight bearing again and I've turned getting up and down stairs on my derriere into fine art.

Not a fraction of this would have been finished though if it hadn't been for my long -suffering DH who not only has carried most of the 'stuff' from one room to another but has also been busy with shelf fitting, floor moping  and window cleaning not to mention all the usual DIY that goes with a move like this. Gotta love them haven't you !



 So, its 'au revoir' to my little room (not much bigger than a large cupboard really but MINE) which has been my stitching haven for the last few years.

 Going.........


 .............going...........


 and finally gone today, and 'hello' to my new room which is anything but small






Corner 1



Corner 2


 Corner 3.

Corner 4 is the stairwell, just along from this


 Lots (and lots!) of room, lots of light, lots of unpacking and one big mess to sort out - anyone at a loose end this weekend willing to lend a hand ?

Obviously, nothing is the right place yet, but I am sure it'll get sorted eventually and that I will enjoy working in it, but without sounding  very ungrateful - I am going to miss my 'little' haven as I've spent many happy hours learning lots of lessons there not to mention turning out a few quilts in the process.

7 comments:

Annelies said...

What a beautfiul room to work in ! I am sure you will enjoy it very much.

Wil said...

You have a gorgeous workspace. Enjoy it!

Suzanne said...

Wow..it is a great room for making and creating! Like the wood floors and it looks very light and airy too. Congrats...and be careful with the knee!

Gina said...

Wow what a fabulous work space. I am sooo jealous.
Enjoy setting up your new room

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Theodora quilts said...

OOh lala !! to the beautifull new space where you can spread out your fabrics and your supplies and have a huge cutting table and space for a quilt machine and walls to hang how sweet it is ,have fun and enjoy.

Jeannie said...

ALRIGHT!!! that is totally awesome! I want that room.heh.ehe..e

Clare said...

Great room. I've got the same problem trying to persuade DH to help me clear out DD's old bedroom and make it into my sewing room. Why is it they always find something else to do instead!