Sunday 16 January 2011

What A Week!

It's been one of those weeks when I haven't time to catch my breathe, but I've got very little to show for it! Most of the time has been taken up with visits to the vet both planned and not planned!

First off it was time for William's annual jabs and a follow up x-ray after the scare we had following his last stay at the cattery.  Don't think I blogged  about it, but he was a very poorly cat having contracted a virus there which affected his lungs.  This has now cleared up, but two days later my poor little cat was attacked by one of these


Coypus ,  which are in the stream at the bottom of the village - well, I think that's what they are and they are HUGE!  The local farmers lay traps for them because they are very destructive, but there are still plenty around , I saw 2 just the other day when I was crossing the  bridge.

After all the rain we've had lately  the drainage ditches,  which abound around the fields and roads in Brittany, are full to brimming and I think Will must have fallen into the ditch at the bottom of the garden and was very unlucky that Mr Nasty was around too!  This is the only explanation we can come up with as he was very, very wet and covered in mud when he came home and there are no other cats in the vicinity that might have attacked him.  Thankfully,  his rabies injections are up to date, but he still had a huge abscess and nasty cuts on his rear end which have needed treatment consisting of several visits to the vet.

I do have one (small) finish to show - one of my Christmas presents was this book


and I used some of my scraps to make this little quilt



which is just right for Lucy !



There is a story about  Lucy, but that'll have to wait for another time :-)

4 comments:

loulee said...

I do like Lucy's new quilt.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh Ann!!! Hope he gets better and nothing worse happens!
I love the doll quilt!

Suzanne said...

Lucy looksvery happy with her quilt. Poor Will...he needs to stick close to home.

Gina said...

Oh poor Will, I hope he's ok.

Love the new mini quilt

Love and hugs Gina xxx